Saturday, May 10, 2014

Days 4 & 5 post transfer

So how's my bootie feeling?  Sore.  But perhaps not as bad as I was expecting.  Maybe it takes time to build up to the "maximum soreness" but after 3 nights of progesterone in oil shots in the same exact spot on my butt (will explain that later), it's not really any more sore than it was the first day.  Just a little tender - but very reasonable.
Just to be sure my progesterone levels went up with the addition of the progesterone injections, I ran into Dr. A’s office for a blood draw yesterday.  Remember, my progesterone levels were 3.8 ng/mL on Wednesday and she’d really like to see it around 10 for someone on just the Crinone (what I’d been on until that point.)  After adding the PIO shots for 2 nights, in addition to the Crinone - my levels were 41.5 ng/mL!!!!! (she wants to see levels at least 25 ng/mL for women on injections.)  So we nipped that in the bud quickly, didn’t we?

We’ll see how my butt feels as time goes on but for now we’re not rotating sides for the progesterone shots so that my pain will only be in one spot on my butt, instead of in multiple spots.  Since the shots really don’t hurt when they’re given (I ice the area before the shot) it’s not so bad.  And since I tend to be a left-side sleeper, this way I can still sleep on my side with no problems.


4 Days Post Transfer (4 days 'til blood test):
Still feeling totally normal which is great - but at the same time, a little disappointing.  I wish there was some kind of obvious sign that something (good!) is happening in my body.  I may have noticed some extremely slight cramping last night, this afternoon and even this evening but it might also have been my imagination.  Noticed a teeny bit more light brown when I wiped this afternoon and evening - I sure hope that’s a good thing?  I almost feel like I was getting more (super subtle) signs of things happening right after the transfer, but not so much now.

I totally kicked my cold’s butt by the way.  I’ve been getting so much sleep and taking so many vitamins - it really didn’t stand a chance.  Oddly enough I’ve lost about 3 pounds since last week.  I’ve been eating so healthily, only drinking water and eating very little sugar...I thought I was eating a lot of food overall, but I guess since it’s all GOOD food, I’m losing weight.  No complaints there!

5 Days Post Transfer (today): 
For the most part I’d say I’m feeling almost no symptoms which is a little annoying but also not terribly surprising.  Any nausea I had is gone (tho I also switched my vitamins to take them in the evening and was previously taking them in the morning on an empty stomach.)  However I’ve had some VERY slight cramping which, while it’s gotten a little more strong than what I noticed yesterday and the day before - is still ever so faint.  I've also been noticing it more frequently.  It's kind of like the tingly feeling you get when you’re ovulating and not QUITE so much like menstrual cramps.  I woke up in the middle of the night and had trouble falling back asleep and while I was lying there kept feeling those faint cramps.  Then off and on today too.  I don’t usually get cramps like that right before my period but who knows what’s going on with all these drugs and meds and stuff?  I wish I could say it’s a sign our little bun has settled in for the long “bake” but it could also be: my period coming or side effects from the progesterone.  It's a little bit maddening!

Maddening, I say!!!!!
I've still seen the very faint brown spotting - only when I wipe and it seems (sorry for the TMI) only when bits of the Crinone residue decide to clear my body.  So it's maybe twice a day, only 1 wipe and mixed in with the Crinone bits.

I did have a slightly weird experience tonight while eating dinner.  We had friends over and I had cooked some beautiful steaks (been eating mostly chicken this week so decided to go for a little red meat protein).  They were delicious and perfectly cooked (if I do say so myself!) but with about 3 bites left I suddenly felt like I couldn't eat any more.  Like - this is delicious but I just lost my desire to eat.  I powered through it since we had guests and that would look weird.  But it was certainly notable to me...

I'm probably going to start taking home pregnancy tests tomorrow morning.  I'm better when I have information and I'm very well aware that even if it's a negative test, I could still get a positive blood test so I won't be devastated if it's negative.  And for that matter, if they remain negative until the blood test at least I'll feel a little more prepared for the result on Tuesday - and hopefully will be pleasantly surprised!  It's a personal decision - testing before the blood test.  And I think I'll be better having a little bit more information than going in completely blind.  But that's just me - this tactic doesn't work for everyone.

One final picture to leave you with today... my mom and I met for lunch yesterday at a Chinese restaurant.  I'm not a very superstitious person and yet, when the fortune cookies came, I definitely felt a rush go through me like "I hope I get a fortune that gives me a good hint about what's going on with our little blastocyst."  I reached for 1 of the cookies and then instead of opening it, decided to be polite and handed it to my mom.  She was very excited at the fortune inside and I was too (while she does know about the IVF, she doesn't know about our transfer - we didn't want to have to give close friends/family bad news so decided to wait until we had good news to share).  Here's her fortune:


The cookie I opened was something lame about using my talents to help others.  OK let's think about this though - my mom would be THRILLED BEYOND BELIEF if we got pregnant so for her to get this fortune was also good news for me.  And perhaps...I'm using my "talents" in writing to help all of you?  So I'll keep on, keeping on.

Thinking as many happy thoughts as we can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment