Friday, September 19, 2014

Week 22

Another one of those weeks that I don't feel like I have a lot to say, but feeling GREAT and loving feeling my little baby kick me (sometimes I think there is a little foot in my bladder...um - but it's a good/weird feeling).
I think someone's little foot is in my bladder
It's also another one of those weeks I've had to pause to remember how far along I am.  I keep thinking anywhere from 21-23.  Maybe I've been distracted because we were helping my sister move back into her house (and out of ours - amazing how much stuff can accumulate in just a few weeks!)  So this might be a quick post...

How far along: 22 weeks, 2 days
What did baby do this week:  Baby is the size of a papaya at around 10.5-11 inches from head to heel.  Baby also should have passed the 1 pound mark which for some reason gives me comfort.  Being able to say my baby is in the "pounds" as far as weight goes is great progress.  Baby can definitely hear what's going on outside the womb - so I've told Hubby he must speak nicely to me ALL.THE.TIME.  :)  His/her skin is wrinkled and a pinkish-red color, but still translucent.
Total weight gain:  OMG 20 pounds after our babymoon - I'm not even joking that I'm going to try to lose a little of that or stay the same for a week or two.  That is too much (for me) at this point.  I was hoping to stay under 30/35 for the entire pregnancy, but 20 at 22 weeks?  That's only about halfway!!!
Symptoms:  Still feeling great overall.  No back pain, no acne, no heartburn, feet are just a little tired.  I'm calling myself LUCKY so far!
Queasy or Sick: Not at all
Sleep: Great - rarely getting up in the middle of the night.  More likely early in the morning (like maybe 6am) but then I can fall back asleep for a little bit before I have to get up.

Best moment this week: Totally feeling baby kicking.  But maybe it’s not so great when it’s right in the bladder.  It's still not a strong feeling and sometimes I still think it might be gas - but I'm starting to really recognize it as my baby.  And I love that feeling.
Hardest part of the week: Keeping up with my blog?  But I'm managing!!
Looking forward to:  When Hubby can feel Baby kicking from the outside.  I think we still have a few more weeks to get there though - esp with my anterior placenta.
Movement: Definitely.  It's low - about 4 inches below my belly button.  But absolutely feeling it!
Food cravings:  Not craving anything, but feeling like I need to eat more veggies.  Not quite sure I'd call that a craving though.  Just being a responsible mommy.
Happy or moody: Happy!
Labor signs: No
Maternity clothes: Every day
Belly button in or out: In, but getting more taut
Wedding rings on or off: On, but snug
Stretch marks: No
Learnings from the week: I guess I’ve noticed that the pain in my butt, upper/outer thigh, from the progesterone in oil shots, has been fading.  That's right - believe it or not, at more than half way through my pregnancy it is still not gone - but it’s certainly faded from how it was.  My GAWD it might still be bothering me after my baby is here!!
Final Thoughts: Welp, I think from here on out Hubby will have to do all the dishes!  I noticed when doing dishes yesterday that my belly is now a little bit in the way for me to get close enough to the stream of water and thoroughly wash the dishes.  So I had to bend over funny to keep going and that ended up hurting my back.  So sad to not do dishes... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment