Wednesday, April 2, 2014

We picked our day!

May 5th.  Our transfer will be May 5th!  Cinqo de Mayo - though we didn't plan it for that reason.  It worked out well for us to make it a Monday so that we could just do a long weekend and take Monday and Tuesday off from work.  So May 5th is *HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY* the day I get knocked up!!
Hopefully May 5th, for me!!!
After we decided on our date, I just let Dr. A know.  Easy as that.  My period should come about 2-3 weeks prior to May 5th which actually makes the date quite appropriate - almost around the time it would happen if I got pregnant naturally anyway!

We're hoping that by picking early May we can avoid a baby with a birthday around the holidays.  That might seem very superficial of us, but I mean - if we've gone this far to "plan" our pregnancy, why not take a few liberties with it?  Baby could arrive early and totally mess up my planning too - but we hope not!  I'm doing this for YOU Baby!  All my friends with birthdays around the holidays always get shafted.  No one can come to your birthday party, everyone combines your birthday and Christmas presents, the world is so busy no one remembers your silly little birthday.  And birthdays have always been important to us.  Being 8-9 months pregnant during the holidays probably won't be a fun ride for me, but it's just this 1 year, whereas our kid will have his/her birthday for their whole life!

Now I just wait for my period to get here and that'll get the ball rolling.  Let's go period!!  I'm ready to get this show on the road!

1 comment:

  1. Wish you the best of luck with the transfer and a nice pregnancy! :))

    ReplyDelete