Monday, November 25, 2013

Trigger Happy

Last night of shots!!!

Last night was the final night of shots (and we decided to finish strong by doing 3 of them :-|  …)  The trigger shot (Novarel) was precisely at 8:30pm since my retrieval is exactly 36 hours from then (tomorrow morning).  The Novarel powder was mixed with a dose of Ganirelix (and a little additional water) and then we also had to do the rest of my Omnitrope.  However, the two meds couldn’t be mixed together so it was supposed to be 2 shots.  EXCEPT that Hubby didn’t realize the Novarel/Ganirelix bottle wasn’t totally empty until after giving me the shot…  So we had to add a little more water to make it easier to empty the bottle and that meant a THIRD shot.  Well, by now we were pros – so it’s not a really big deal.   All the other 8 nights were single shots I could barely detect.

Thinking happy thoughts!!
So I thought the trigger was going to have to be in a muscle (butt/thigh) but it just went into my belly too, exactly like the others.  Whew – awesome!  These shots have all been relatively insignificant, but I’m still glad they’re over.

The only difference I noticed with the Novarel is that I had a little of the red splotchiness show up near where we injected it, but it was gone this morning.  My skin felt a tad sensitive near the injection site also, but it was faint.  It’s interesting to see how the different drugs effect me though, since I had Omnitrope on one side of my belly and Ganirelix/Novarel on the other – I could tell the ever-so-slight differences in reaction.

Supposed to kinda take it easy today (sure thing!)  Hubby had some Levaquin to take last night and tonight – it’s an antibiotic which should reduce bacteria in his swimmers.  And to reduce risk of infection after retrieval for me, I’m taking a Doxycycline tonight as well.  But no shots tonight!!


My retrieval is first thing tomorrow morning so it’s an early-ish night for us.  I've been feeling great overall.  Just tonight I started to feel a faint bit of cramping (similar to Aunt Flo cramps) but nothing major.  Wishing for lots of mature eggs tomorrow (well THAT’S something I’ve never found myself wishing for before…)  See you all on the other side.  I'm hoping to lose this 2-3 pounds of (hopefully water) weight I seem to have put on over the past week!!  Please tell me that goes away quickly?!

No comments:

Post a Comment